Inventory Control Coordinator
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Inventory Control Coordinator
Responsible for maintaining accurate records of all inventories.
This includes but is not limited to maintaining product integrity
through proper rotation of products, damage control, mock stock
recoveries, and cycle counting. Accounts for all defective or
damaged products and follows with appropriate corrective action.
Oversee all inventory claims.
- Request cycle counts from all warehouse facilities for various
reasons, (phase out, discrepancies, daily counts). Report damages
and other discrepancies and monitor cycle count performance in all
facilities, ensuring that location count and accuracy targets are
- Complete and issue all necessary records and reports including
filing invoices and maintaining customer records in a timely and
- Maintain the ERS log for the Armada Service Center. Make all
necessary system corrections and complete claims within the limits
set by the OSD policies. Communicate results to the proper parties,
(customer service or customer directly).
- Review OFR report in order to confirm warehouse issues,
requesting assistance from the Inventory Control Specialist or 3PL
inventory manager where required. (i.e. damages, miss-shipments,
admin errors, etc.).
- Month End Closing Monitor shipments and receipts to ensure they
are completely processed. Review inventory adjustments for
accuracy. Run inventory adjustments for monthly IA reporting.
Trouble-shoot any issues that arise. Report to Finance and IT that
transaction activity is complete for the month.
- Research transfer discrepancies and correct as necessary.
Research and report to appropriate individuals on the history of
- Complete inventory adjustments for various reasons, (damages,
discrepancies, samples, etc).
- Monitor items that are about to expire and work with purchasing
agents to adjust product accordingly.
- Maintain and update inventory records. Create efficient and
accurate inventory management procedures. Reconcile inventories to
book records and make adjustments when necessary.
- Coordinate the annual physical inventory procedures. Make
recommendations to the Division Manager or Director of Warehousing
regarding opportunities to improve inventory management.
- Maintain tight security over the inventory. Ensure that only
authorized personnel have access to inventory records for each
- Analyze data to identify discrepancies within the system.
Adjust records when there are discrepancies and take steps to
correct and prevent discrepancies.
- Research and make necessary adjustments or communicate with
other internal clients to clear open inbound PO s, in-sync,
integrator or other EDI or system issues and clear accounts
receivable transaction errors.
- Develop a program to audit returns and move returned product to
its proper location. When necessary, process proper documentation
to generate a prompt credit transaction. Take appropriate action on
product that is not in saleable condition.
- Build relationships with key customer contacts to ensure that
customer requirements are met.
- Assist with the training of managers, administrative staff,
warehouse operators, and any new users on the WMS system
- Comply with all aspects of the SQF regulations and report any
food safety concerns to the Division Manager or the SQF
- Direct warehouse employees to comply with all food safety, DQMP
and SQF requirements as well as direct all warehouse employees to
follow all food safety, environmental and safety(OSHA) laws and
- 1-2 years of inventory management experience, preferably in a
- Experience in high-volume distribution environment
- Experience working JD Edwards and Warehouse Management systems
(Red Prairie) preferred.
- Forklift Experience: Must have Cherry Picker and Sit-Down
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and
- Experience with JD Edwards and Red Prairie preferred
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written) with
Education and Experience Requirement
- Preferred Associates Degree in Logistics, Operations or
Business or 3-5 years of related experience.
Skills and Experience Desired:
- Excellent communication skills WMS/LMS
- Experience with Red Prairie
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of warehouse operations & technology
- Literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of inventory management practices
- Great attention to detail
Language and Technical Skills requirement
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Self Directed and Able to Work in Dynamic & Evolving
- Ability to Work Effectively in Cross Functional Teams
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Knowledge of a WMS, specifically Red Prairie, is a
- Knowledge of a TMS, specifically Mercury Gate, is a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 75% of the work is performed on the warehouse floor in a
multi-temperature environment, 25% in an office environment.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated
with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection
of those principal job elements essential for making decisions
related to job performance, employee development and compensation.
As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and
responsibilities as required.
Keywords: ARMADA, Flower Mound , Inventory Control Coordinator, Professions , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!