Company: HD Supply
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job SummaryAssists distribution center and operations managers in
the coordination, facilitation, development, implementation, and
maintenance of safety programs and initiatives. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides safety training to associates and training exception
reports to managers.
- Performs or delegates all safety tasks assigned by the
environmental health and safety team on a weekly basis.
- Facilitates safety committee meetings, ensures safety committee
positions are filled, and makes sure all tasks assigned to the
safety committee are completed in a timely manner.
- Serves as the designated environmental associate. Ensures all
hazardous materials and waste are stored, inspected, and shipped
within company guidelines.
- Provides training to associates on lift equipment.
- Assists management, property services, and fleet in the repair,
replacement, and removal of equipment.
- Helps management stay compliant with all business standard
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires
lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate to
heavy weight (8-40 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.
Keywords: HD Supply, Flower Mound , Safety Associate, Professions , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!