Quality Control Associate
Company: HD Supply
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: August 26, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for the documentation of product performance
and/or test results. Inspect materials and/or products for
conformance to specifications. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Verifies product/material meets requirements of CTQ
specifications and customer's unique specifications. Compares
product with production and drawing for conformance by conducting
quality sampling plan and data collection.
- Maintains all testing equipment. Verifies specified dimensions
of product or material per drawing using calipers, micrometers and
- Maintains up-to-date records of required third party
inspections and calibrations of testing equipment.
- Examines product/material for defects. Rejects defective
product/materials and records type of defect. Recognize when
manufacturing process needs to be stopped, product quarantined, or
changes needed to ensure quality product leaves factory.
- Monitors performance(s) in required areas and according to
agreed upon standards and updates Quality job aids.
- Works with customers and suppliers where quality issues are
impacted and/or affected. Conducts analysis of Returned Product to
- Packages and protects product as required.
- Validates incoming raw material quality and works with
supplier/purchasing to remedy problems. Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or
standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle
material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- No travel required. Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with ASTM specifications or other quality
- Strong computer skills and ability to use MS Office Excel.
- Knowledge of MFG Processes such as RTF, Printing and
- Ability to use various test & measure devices such as test
ovens, calipers, tape measures and temperature gauges. PRID PRID157
Job Locations US-TX-Flower Mound Posted Date 2 weeks ago (8/10/2020
4:10 PM) Job ID 2020-38848 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations Remote Position? No Position Type
Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 75028 HD Supply is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Flower Mound , Quality Control Associate, Professions , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!