Patient Reception Specialist - Flower Mound
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Join Village Medical as a Patient Reception Specialist in Flower
Clinic Location: 4021 Cross Timbers Flower Mound, TX
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Patient Reception
Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered
and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront
of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary
care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital
tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support.
Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient.
With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and
patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals
who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and
never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the
confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Patient Reception Specialist is responsible for providing
patient support and communication and facilitating an exceptional
patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction, trust and
drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming and
preparing the patient for their appointment, the Patient Reception
Specialist e informs patients of relevant and required information
for their visit and provides clear communication around the
services they are scheduled to receive.
How you can make a difference as a Patient Reception
- Greets all patients and visitors in a professional and
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver's license,
authorizations, referrals and other required appointment
documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR
- Performs demographic and insurance validation, and informs
patient of privacy policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients
and assists with patient comfort should delays arise
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and
outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on
a daily basis
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in
accordance with established policies and procedures
- Greets patients and answers phones
Skills For Success As a Patient Reception Specialist
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work
- Detail-oriented and committed to providing safe patient
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of
achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: Navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented;
comfortable in an ever-changing environment
- Communication: Conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively
both verbally and in writing
- Collaboration: Team player
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic,
can-do approach to issue resolution
- Humility: Low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience To Drive Change As a Patient Reception Specialist
- Adept in medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Proficient in use of computer programs and applications
including Outlook applications and practice EMR systems.
- Competent in basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Knowledgeable of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine,
urgent care or ER preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
How You Will Thrive As a Patient Reception Specialist
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company
match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical
offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses,
and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative,
conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your
experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection
between your daily work on Village Medical products and services
and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of
healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique Village Medical culture - how inclusion and diversity
make the difference.
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of
strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and
innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us,
acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people
do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare
system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are
considered without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Patient Reception
Keywords: VillageMD, Flower Mound , Patient Reception Specialist - Flower Mound, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!