Heavy Equipment Operator - Street Services
Company: Town of Flower Mound
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Under direct supervision, operates various street construction
equipment and tools to construct, repair, and maintain the Town's
streets, bridges, medians, right of ways, gutters, curbs,
sidewalks, alleys, drainage systems, and other public areas within
Examples of Duties
* Cleans, repairs, and maintains roads, bridges, medians, right of
ways, alleys, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and other public areas
within the Town.
* Performs routine and repetitive, strenuous physical tasks such as
hand working asphalt and concrete as it is placed; loading and
unloading trucks; laying pipelines and repairing manholes; patching
pot holes and overlaying of streets; sealing cracks in asphalt and
concrete; remove and replace concrete to include form setting to
finishing; reading grades and setting grade stakes; assisting in
surveying; cutting brush and trees; mowing and weed-eating high
grass and weeds; and maintaining clean street intersections,
medians, and alleys.
* Operates, repairs, and maintains vehicles and various heavy
equipment and tools such as tractors, mowers, front end and back
end loaders, heavy trenchers, bucket trucks, augers, maintainers,
jackhammers, skill saws; drills; bolt cutters; pothole patchers;
rollers; dump trucks; motor graders; 1 ton to 5 ton vehicles; etc
as a primary responsibility. Oversees the daily activities of crew
members and completion of work orders in absence of crew leader as
a primary responsibility.
* Works safely when working in close proximity to high-speed
vehicle traffic areas, along medians, and right-of-ways.
* Identifies and informs supervisor of potential hazards, liability
exposures, problem areas, public inquiries of the general public,
and the status of work activities.
* Conducts inspections and preventative maintenance, on a daily
basis, on vehicles, equipment, and tools including washing,
checking safe and proper operation, and servicing as a primary
* Assists other departments and performs other duties as
* Adheres to departmental, personnel, and safety rules and
* Adheres to stand-by schedule as assigned for emergency repairs at
night and weekends.
* Trains other employees in operation, repair, and safety
techniques of construction equipment and in daily job duties and
* Loads and unloads supplies, equipment and tools, etc. on and off
of vehicles and equipment.
* A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is
* Must be able to complete and pass the written test for a valid
Texas CDL "A" Driver's License, without restrictions, within 90
days of hire. You must provide proof of your scheduled driving test
appointment with the Texas Department of Public Safety to your
supervisor within 90 days from the day you pass the written test.
Your driving record must be in compliance with Town policy.
* One or more years of street maintenance (concrete and asphalt)
repair or construction work experience to include operation of
heavy construction equipment is required.
Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test and
thorough background checks (including criminal history).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
* Must have knowledge of installation of concrete and asphalt
materials used in street maintenance; and skills required to
operate heavy to light construction equipment, vehicles, small
power tools, and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
* Must be able to exercise good judgment, make competent decisions,
handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work well under
pressure and stress.
* Must work extensive hours and respond within 30 minutes to an
on-call or emergency callback as required.
* Must maintain an effective and pleasant working relationship with
coworkers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Must be able to talk, read, see, walk, hear, and follow oral and
* Must also have good hand/foot/eye coordination to operate
* Must be able to operate maintenance equipment; perform strenuous
physical activities to include, exerting up to 100 lbs. of
pressure, lift up to 100 lbs. of equipment several times a day, and
lifting heavy objects; shoveling; crawling; bending; kneeling;
climbing on and off equipment; and operating vibrating
* Must be able to work indoors, underground, outdoors, in confined
spaces, in trenches, on level, slippery, sloping, unstable, and
muddy terrain, and under constantly noisy conditions; and work in
adverse environmental conditions to include inclement weather such
as rain, sleet, snow, heat, sun exposure, dust/mist, and hazardous
conditions such as street traffic, exposure to insects, noxious
plants, and snakes.
Keywords: Town of Flower Mound, Flower Mound , Heavy Equipment Operator - Street Services, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!