Senior Project Manager (Non-Technical)
Company: Core & Main
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Coordinate a project team from inception
through completion and execute Corporate Planning and project
management. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle
or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more
than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position,
Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A
requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Act as senior representative for Project Management Center of
- Develop new systems; techniques and procedures for automated
planning systems, reporting, issue
resolution, risk management and budget tracking.
- Provide regular status information to all project stakeholders.
Interface with Upper Management.
- Review plans and schedules of other participating functions for
compliance with the master schedule; resolve scheduling and
- Participate in or lead daily, weekly or monthly meetings.
Review to track and report project status, identifying deviations
or adverse trends.
- Review project business case to ensure accurate costs and
internal labor are identified. Ensure approval of business case and
present to governing body.
- Support internal department training through occasional
- Mentor, support and development of people and process within
the project management office.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem
solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under
conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information,
that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to
results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments,
including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress
and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to
employees professional development but does not have hiring or
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum
of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8
years of experience in related field; certification is required in
some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in
related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Core & Main
St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn
Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
None of the questions in this application
are intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Keywords: Core & Main, Flower Mound , Senior Project Manager (Non-Technical), Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!