Desktop Support Specialist
Company: BrightStar Corp
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 12, 2021
In this role, you will provide technical assistance to computer
system users. Using a ticket queue, you will work based on
priorities and ITIL best practices. You will answer questions or
resolve computer problems for users in person, via telephone or
from remote location. You may also provide assistance concerning
the use of computer hardware and software, including printing,
installation, word processing, electronic mail and operating
Additional responsibilities will include participating on
project teams for departmental tasks, including but not limited to
Video Conferencing scheduling and testing, evaluating new products
and upgrades, and off site special projects.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware
operation to resolve problems.
- Enter Commands and observe system functioning to verify correct
operations and detect errors.
- Setup equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper
installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or
peripheral equipment, following the design of installation
- Maintain records of daily problems and remedial actions taken,
or installation activities.
- Confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to
investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products
to vendors or technicians for service.
- Develop training material and procedures, or train users in the
proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish
requirements for new system or modifications.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed.
- Work with third party vendors when necessary.
Keywords: BrightStar Corp, Flower Mound , Desktop Support Specialist, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!