Seasonal Lifeguard (Summer)
Company: Town of Flower Mound
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Protects the safety and well-being of each patron utilizing the
aquatics facility and responds to emergencies. Enforces the
aquatics facility's rules and regulations.
Examples of Duties
- Performs all Lifeguard job duties and responsibilities ensuring
that swimmers are well supervised in the pool and on the deck
areas, monitors pool activities, prevents accidents, and minimizes
or eliminates hazardous situations.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as necessary until the
arrival of emergency medical services. Applies first aid and
performs water rescues as necessary.
- Enforces all safety rules and regulations of the aquatics
- Assists with the distribution of aquatics equipment and
supplies. Disseminates pool supplies and equipment as
- Prepares and submits reports to include rescues, assists,
accidents, and first aid to Supervisor.
- Attends mandatory training and in-service meetings.
- Informs Supervisor of all work-related activities.
- Adheres to the personnel, safety, and divisional policies and
procedures of the Town.
- Assists co-workers and other divisions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Has CPR/First Aid and Lifeguard Certifications, OR in lieu of
currently having the Certifications, must become certified within
30 days of hire date.
Please know the Town of Flower Mound will provide the
Certification classes for $125.
Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test
and thorough background checks (including criminal history).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent leadership, organizational, and
communicative skills, both oral and written.
- Must maintain an effective and pleasant working relationship
with citizens, the general public, employees, and volunteers.
- Must be able to work various hours, including evenings and
weekends as required.
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, read, and work in adverse
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activities to
include running, kneeling, bending, twisting, dragging, pushing,
pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs. of various recreational and
Keywords: Town of Flower Mound, Flower Mound , Seasonal Lifeguard (Summer), Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!