Company: Town of Flower Mound
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Coordinates various activities for the Communications
Department, including information distribution, social media
coordination, media relations, publication writing and design, and
webpage and cable television content.
Examples of Duties
- Coordinates department activities, to include writing and
disseminating press releases and information, conducting media
briefings, and assisting with media management at Town Council
- Coordinates content and fosters growth for the Town's social
media outlets; trains department staff on social media usage.
- Acts as on-call public information officer in responding to
after-hours emergencies and media inquiries.
- Assists with writing, photography, design, editing, and
dissemination of informational marketing plans, printed
publications, Flower Mound Television (FMTV) programming, and
digital and social media.
- Assists with website maintenance through the Town's content
management system and provides staff training, as needed.
- Conducts special-event promotions including pre- and post-event
marketing; photographs, videos, and archives events attended.
- Assists with public information requests in conducting
research, compiling data, and responding.
- Manages projects and conducts public programs and community
meetings, as needed.
- Attends external community meetings and represents the Town for
- Establishes and maintains open and professional rapport with
Town partners and external agencies.
- Coordinates and exchanges information between Town officials
and the Flower Mound business community.
- Assists with the continued development and evolution of the
Town's overall communications program.
- Performs general office administration tasks, to include
filing, sorting, word processing, and data entry.
- Follows Town and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing,
English, or a related field is required; in lieu of required
degree, five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a
related field may be considered.
- One (1) year of experience in a related field is required.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's License and driving record
must be in compliance with Town policy.
- Social media experience is preferred.
Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test
and thorough background checks (including criminal history).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills,
including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Computer proficiency in word processing and graphic layout and
- Excellent leadership, organizational, problem solving, and
customer service skills.
- Strong focus on presenting information to the public via
writing correspondence, informational articles, and program
- Skills in preparing, coordinating, and finalizing informational
publications and reports.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, make competent decisions,
handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize work assignments,
meet deadlines, and work well under pressure and stress.
- Ability to communicate with others effectively while
maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work after-hours, evenings, and weekends, as
- Ability to see, read, speak clearly and concisely, talk, hear,
Keywords: Town of Flower Mound, Flower Mound , Communications Specialist, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!