Electrical Engineer - Quality
Company: Stryker Corporation
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make
healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in
Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine
that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be
named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for
Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning
organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology
companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals
perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care.
Stryker offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies,
including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology
and spine products to help people lead more active and more
Stryker is seeking a Staff Electrical Design Quality Engineer in
Flower Mound, TX.
Who we want:
Hands-on Engineers. Engineers who can demonstrate mastery over
their field and apply their hands-on knowledge to ensure our
products will excel in the field.
Self-directed initiators. People who take ownership of their
work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and
Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends
for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting,
reporting, or sales opportunities.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and
insights to drive design quality
Quality oriented developers. Keeping the customer and
requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust
solutions. Design capable Engineers who have the vision to push
product designs to their limits to build design quality
understanding and improvement.
The Senior Electrical Design Quality Engineer serves a key role
for new product development/ R&D team at Stryker
Communications, a pioneer in operating room integration. The Staff
Design Quality Engineer interfaces with all functions of the
business, including marketing, R&D, clinical, regulatory, and
operations, ensuring that the products designed at our facility in
Flower Mound, TX continue to meet and exceed customer needs. By
turning voice of customer into user needs, evaluating risk of new
products, and performing validation labs in simulated use cases
with surgeons, nurses, and specialist customers, this Staff Design
Quality Engineer is focused on building quality into the products
What you will do:
- Defining User Needs: Help translate voice of customer feedback
to design user needs.
- Defining Functional Specifications: Understand how to take a
user need to a quantifiable specification (ex. Force, output, time,
- Risk Assessment: Work with current product quality data, FDA
MAUDE database, and other sources to find issues with currently
marketed product, assess clinical risk to customer and patients,
and offer design recommendations to improve product safety,
reliability, or performance. Analyze and define critical quality
attributes for product and process through risk analysis
- Benchmarking Designs: Gathers and analyzes data to benchmark
and compare the performance of multiple products using
specifications or empirical test data.
- Usability / Human Factors Engineering: Identifies areas for
improving intuitive use, usability of products through usability
protocols, formative studies - executing studies with actual users
(surgeon, nurse, technician, specialists).
- Design Reviews: Presents designs for peer review to improve the
quality of a design and share best practices.
- Project Documentation: Key reviewer of project documentation
relating to design, compliance, and product testing. Final approver
on product launch documentation, sending request to senior
management to approve product release for sale.
- Customer Support: May work with customers to help solve
technical issues that arise in the field.
- Complaints and User Issue Resolution: Is a technical resource
to troubleshoot problems and ensure that customer satisfaction is
achieved through issue resolution.
- Customer Interaction: Visits customer sites to observe OR
workflow, surgical procedures, and products in use as required to
support concept development or issue resolution.
- Design Transfer: Support product design transfers to internal
and/or external manufacturing facilities.
What you will need:
- BS Degree in Engineering.
- 4+ years of full-time Quality Engineering, NPD, R&D, and/or
- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Master's in Engineering or related preferred.
- Some Quality Assurance and Design/R&D training
- Previous Medical Device experience highly preferred.
- Previous Risk Management experience highly preferred.
- Hands-on engineering/design ability, highly preferred.
- Blueprint/engineering schematic reading and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
skills & ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing
- Good judgment with the ability to navigate "the gray".
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis,
evaluation, and scientific method.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical problem-solving skills.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, etc. Includes walking around the plant.
- Must be able to generate, follow, and explain detailed
instructions and inspection procedures.
- Must be able to communicate product and/or component part
deficiencies to Engineer, subordinate, or supervisory
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine product issues
using independent judgment and inspection equipment.
- Must be comfortable in a surgical/cadaveric setting.
- Must be comfortable and available to travel to customers
including operating room environments.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying
for this position. Learn more about our employee referral
Keywords: Stryker Corporation, Flower Mound , Electrical Engineer - Quality, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!