Sales Coordinator I
Company: Toray Composites
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Plan, coordinate and organize the processing of customer sales
orders. Interface directly with management and sales teams daily as
it relates to customer forecasting, order processing, product
availability, delivery schedules and customer follow-up. Act as a
professional in a self-directed work team to ensure customers
receive on time and conforming products, while meeting department
goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and monitor weekly shipment plans and the processing of
customer sales orders, including coordinating and scheduling
product shipments, both domestic and international. Process and
take responsibility for multiple orders and tasks to be completed
timely and simultaneously.
- Participate in negotiations with customers, forwarders and
logistics on customer deliveries. Develop and maintain customer
- Research customer open order(s) against available credit. Work
with sales manager, accounting and customer on customer's account
receivable to ensure their account is within accounting established
- Verify product inventory levels and ensure adequate inventory
to meet customer needs.
- Track material status through production, testing and
acceptable finished product stage to insure adherence to
- Ensure product maintains required certifications,
specifications and contract compliance.
- Coordinate and schedule all aspects of importing and exporting
material, including U.S. government compliance, according to
customer request and export/import documentation. Ensure shipments
are in compliance to all applicable shipping regulations.
- Review sales order documents to ensure compliance with customer
contract/quote and CMA terms and conditions.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries. Provide accurate
information, determine solutions and root cause, as applicable,
which may include corrective action response.
- Interface with multiple departments including but not limited
to: Production, Planning, Administration, Technical, Accounting and
- Maintain systems and processes to ensure product availability,
efficient customer order processing, and on-time delivery.
- Maintain customer files including information regarding
individual orders including but not limited to purchase orders,
sales orders, invoices and shipping records.
- Maintain confidentiality of information related to new
products, profit margin, and all proprietary information.
- Perform final check to ensure all customer requests are
complete at time of shipment and obtain necessary management
approvals. Complete customer order and provide shipping documents
and delivery information to customers timely.
- Provide backup assistance with processing of customer sales
orders, including coordinating and scheduling product
- Provide general support to Sales operations staff as necessary.
Build customer reliance through quick reply, action and responsive
support. High quality and customer-oriented in all actions.
Skills and Specifications
- Possess a strong attention to detail, specifically involving
numbers and quantities on documents to insure accuracy of all
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize/operate a computer, peripheral equipment and
Software, such as Microsoft Office applications including Excel
- Possess a high level of knowledge of sales department
techniques and procedures.
- Working knowledge of accounts receivable issues and customer
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks
at one time.
- Ability to address customer complaints with a high degree of
tact and resolution in a timely manner.
- Ability to set priorities and manage schedule for timely
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with external
and internal customers.
Education and Qualifications
- Associate's degree in Business, Sales/Marketing or related
discipline and working knowledge of accounts receivable issues and
customer order processing is desired.
- Personal computer experience in Microsoft applications such as
Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Knowledge of US Customs and Bureau of Export Administration
- This position involves working with technologies and
information, which are subject to U.S. export control regulations.
Under these regulations, Toray must review certain candidate
information including citizenship, basis of United States work
authorization and country of origin. This information to be used
for export control screening purposes only.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Job tasks are usually performed in
an office environment.
Position requires the ability to read, write, speak and
understand English at a level necessary to successfully perform
assigned responsibilities. Position occasionally requires the
ability to make quick decisions related to product needs and
customer order issues. Ability to utilize interpersonal and
teamwork skills, perform basic mathematical computations, and to
understand and apply work specifications in the completion of work
tasks. The ability to hear, speak, use hands/fingers and the
repetitive motions of hands/wrists are occasional. Ability to lift
10 pounds occasionally. Vision abilities require the adjustment and
focus of sight. Must be able to perform the essential functions of
the position with or without accommodation.
Keywords: Toray Composites, Flower Mound , Sales Coordinator I, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!