Day Camp Director (Summer)
Company: Town of Flower Mound
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Supervises two (2) or more day camp adult and volunteer workers
in various activities for youth. Also coordinates camp activities,
schedules, supplies, and transportation.
Examples of Duties
- Responsible for ordering arts and crafts and various sports
- Coordinates all expenditures, budget framework, and proposed
budget allotment through the Programs Coordinator. This position is
not directly responsible for the budget.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and supervises the Youth Day
- Responsible for collecting day camp fees.
- Coordinates all transportation for field trips and special
- Plans the pre-camp workshop for all staff.
- Coordinates safety and first aid with all employees and
- Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all the children at
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license and driving record
must be in compliance with Town policy.
- An Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent
majoring in Education, Physical Education, or Recreation is
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and First Aid
training is preferred.
- Experience in working with children 6-12 years, summer camp,
day care, church camp, public recreation, and/or outdoor activities
Must be able to work Monday - Friday, June 1 - August 6
40 hours per week
Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test
and thorough background checks (including criminal history).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of sports activities (softball, basketball,
volleyball, soccer, tennis), arts and crafts, environmental
sciences, cultural arts, etc. Must have skills in organizing
children, supervision of 3-5 staff workers, discipline, and
creating a positive camp environment.
- Must have organization skills and arts and crafts
- Must have the ability to work with children 6-12 years, inform
parents of activities, teenage, and adult volunteers.
- Must have the ability to participate in sports activities and
to deal with the public.
- Must have mathematical and decision making abilities.
- Must be able to read, speak, and hear.
- Must have the ability to lift loaded ice chests and items of 50
lbs., stoop, walk, bend, run, throw, climb, and swim.
- Work in an outdoor setting exposed to heat, dust, wind,
insects, noxious plants, and snakes.
Keywords: Town of Flower Mound, Flower Mound , Day Camp Director (Summer), Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!