Intern - Urban Forestry
Company: Town of Flower Mound
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Under direct supervision, performs administrative and
environmental duties in support of the Environmental Services
Examples of Duties
- Assists the division with administrative responsibilities, such
as phone coverage, front counter coverage, and research
- Conducts research related to ongoing environmental programming
- Assists with events for the environmental program throughout
- Conducts preliminary site visits, related to environmental
surveying and to potential violations of the Town's Tree
- Researches for preparation and updates of tree ordinance
- Assists with maintenance of the Town's tree farm, as needed, to
include providing supplies to the tree farm.
- Prepares general correspondence, memorandums, bid
specifications, Town ordinances, statistical data, requisitions,
divisional reports, and design forms.
- Compiles and maintains records, reports, and documentation for
- Adheres to Town, departmental, and safety policies and
- Informs supervisor of all work-related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's License and driving record
must be in compliance with Town policy.
- Major in science field and successful completion of thirty (30)
or more credit hours of college from a regionally accredited
college or university.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a field related to environmental
services is preferred.
- Experience with Esri ArcView GIS software is preferred.
Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test
and thorough background checks (including criminal history).
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and ability to use general office equipment,
including computer and printer/scanner/copier.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office software,
including Word (processing) and Excel (spreadsheets), and with
- Data entry skills with speed and accuracy.
- General knowledge of office administration practices and
- General knowledge of various aspects of environmental
compliance, natural resource management, conservation, or
- Ability to communicate well in English orally, and in writing,
to include: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence
- Ability to judge for and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and prioritize and organize
- Ability to maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, reach, climb, see, and
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. of heavy boxes, books,
- File and retrieve items stored on high shelves.
Keywords: Town of Flower Mound, Flower Mound , Intern - Urban Forestry, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!