Senior Accounting Technician
Company: Town of Flower Mound
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Performs and manages accounts payable, accounts receivable, and
general accounting duties. Responsible for daily collection,
verification and reconciliation of bank deposits for all
departments of the Town. Assists and trains Accounting Technicians,
Examples of Duties
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable for the Town
including the review of invoices to ensure payment requests are in
compliance with established Town policy, contain adequate
documentation, ensure general ledger account coding is correct and
adequate budget is available. Also ensures computations used by
department personnel are correct, and proper authorization is
- Manages and coordinates weekly Accounts Payable and Utility
Billing Refund check runs. Trains Accounting Technicians, as
- Manages the Town's Miscellaneous Accounts Receivables, to
include obtaining information from various divisions and other
sources to process the receivables with the correct general ledger
coding and customer information.
- Oversees the weekly Accounts Payable and Utility Billing Refund
check runs including balancing batch input, printing physical
checks and posting entries to the general ledger.
- Downloads and transmits positive pay fraud detection file
electronically to the bank. Processes vendor payments using ACH,
and wire payments.
- Oversees procurement card accounting including statement
submittal, division payment approval, and monthly statement
payment. Reviews statements for accuracy, completeness, and to
ensure expenditures are within established Town policy. Contacts
division personnel to resolve issues found during the review.
- Reviews vendor statements for outstanding invoices and
adjustments. Works with vendors and divisions to clear outstanding
- Provides assistance to division personnel to resolve issues
regarding general ledger expenditure activity, vendor payments,
invoice processing, and expenditure transfers.
- Trains division personnel in processing items for payment,
trains Town personnel in the use of correct general ledger
expenditure account coding, and trains Town personnel in the use of
the Town's financial accounting software, Incode/Tyler.
- Enters Check Stop Payment information into banking system.
- Maintains accounts payable templates in the Incode/Tyler
accounts payable system.
- Calculates Prompt Payment Interest to comply with state
- Requests and maintains, on file, per federal government
regulations, W-9 Tax ID forms (proving tax status) from
- Interprets guidelines for IRS 1099 and 1096 forms. Reconciles
and processes annual 1099/1096 forms in accordance with IRS
- Control point for legal and utility invoices to ensure timely
routing, posting, and payment.
- Maintains vendor listing in the Incode/Tyler system.
- Adheres to departmental, personnel, and safety policies and
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is
- Must have a valid Texas Driver's license and driving record
must be in compliance with Town policy.
- Five or more years of work experience in accounts payable is
- Three or more years' experience in cash handling, accounting,
and reconciliations is required.
- Municipal experience is preferred.
Must submit to and pass a post-offer, non-regulated drug test
and thorough background checks (including criminal history.)
- An Associates or higher degree in accounting, finance, or
related area is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must have a general working knowledge of the principles and
practices of accounting, bookkeeping and basic office practices and
procedures to include IRS W-9, and 1099/1096 Internal Revenue
Service regulations and reporting.
- Must have accuracy and speed in 10-key operation.
- Excellent use of the English language, spelling, grammar,
punctuation skills are required.
- Bilingual skills are preferred but not required.
- Must be skilled in the operation of a mainframe terminal and
personal computer operations (Microsoft Word and Microsoft
- Must be able to work well under pressure and stress; meet
deadlines; plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments;
work extensive hours as needed; follow oral and written directives;
and work effectively and efficiently with the general public and
coworkers; maintain a pleasant personality at all times: and
maintain confidentiality of confidential matter.
- Must be able to operate various pieces of office equipment with
good handeye coordination for data entry and 10-key operations;
exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- To perform essential functions of the job must be able to read,
write, talk, see and hear.
Keywords: Town of Flower Mound, Flower Mound , Senior Accounting Technician, Other , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!