Senior Estimator - Technical
Company: Core & Main LP
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job SummaryResponsible for completing detailed and itemized
material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan
sets.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Researches plans and specifications and identifies any special
material or treatment plant requirements and determines the general
scope of work. Determines if company supplied material meet
- Determines accurate and detailed quantities of products and
related specialty materials as measured from treatment plants.
Accurately identifies the type of material necessary for
construction or enhancement of facilities.
- Communicates with material vendor and accurately determines
availability and delivery times for specialty products.
- Communicates with design engineer or owner to clarify any
unusual or special material issues via phone, email or written
Requests for Information (RFI).
- Meets with owners/engineers/architects to assist with or
suggest specific design/build concepts. Meets with local
engineering design teams to recommend value engineering options for
- Actively works with sales team to design successful bid
strategies. Assists in bid preparation and insures customers
receive quotations in a timely manner. Tracks and monitors
competitor pricing to determine market value of bids.
- Coordinates and reviews work of other estimators or sales staff
as a senior employee.
- Conducts continuing education training and mentoring of other
sales and estimating staff on a regular basis.Minimum
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable Preferred
- 10+ years prior experience in treatment plant industry.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline.
- Must have experience with industrial water piping systems
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (detailed
plans, specifications, blueprints, etc.)
- Must determine accurate quantities and material types
- Strong interpersonal skills to professionally communicate with
Customers to address Q&A
- Ability to review and provide constructive feedback with team
members and other estimators
- Ability to use commonly available websites to collect necessary
- Strong computer skills, especially with Office365 applications,
digital material take-off platforms (i.e. Planswift, BlueBeam,
Timberline, Smartsheet, Sage Estimating Software, Autodesk
Take-off), and quote development systems (i.e. supply chain quote
aggregation and generation).#RPO-CM#monster About Core & MainBased
in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main's 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit to learn more. Core &
Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at
Core & Main is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications
directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of
race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality,
ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related
condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status
with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis
protected by law.None of the questions in this application are
intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
characteristics.For more information, please click or visit
Keywords: Core & Main LP, Flower Mound , Senior Estimator - Technical, IT / Software / Systems , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!