Physician Assistant Faculty
Company: West Coast University
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: January 25, 2023
SUMMARY: - Reporting directly to the Program Director, the
Principal Faculty, Physician Assistant supports the University in
fulfillment of its mission, purpose, and goals. - Provides
program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant
department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or
departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic
accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate
outcomes that meet student learning, workplace, and placement
expectations. - Provides professional leadership and support, and
serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. -
Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation,
responsiveness, and accountability. - Focuses extensively on
facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and
program learning outcomes. - Actively and substantively
participates in assessment of student learning activities to
maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to
meet prescribed outcomes. - Vigorously upholds a culture of
academic integrity. - qualifications/Skills: (Every effort has been
made to identify the essential skills/qualifications of this
position. - However, it in no way states or implies that these are
the only skills/qualifications you will be required to perform. -
The omission of specific statements of skills/qualifications does
not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related,
or is an essential skill/qualification of the position.)
- Ability to demonstrate clear criminal background history.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency.
- Ability to maintain academic standards.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough, accurate and practical
knowledge of their field or discipline.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field
- Ability to effectively operate related equipment and machines
for instructional purposes.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and machines
such as computer terminal, calculator and copier.
- Ability to engage in data entry via a computer.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a highly ethnic and
culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to use effective communication skills, both oral and
written, including presentations and effective listening
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups, committees,
and in meetings.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follow through
with duties, provide attention to detail, and demonstrate the
ability to motivate others.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution
skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational
- Ability to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well
under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities in a
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies and
procedures and assure compliance.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an
as needed basis as well as occasional travel to other campuses or
- Ability to communicate using bilingual skills is a plus but not
mandatory. - EDUCATION: - Master's degree, Physician Assistant; or
Master's degree, or higher, in health-related field If a
non-clinician scientist (Scientist Position)
- Doctorate degree in health- or social-science related
- Minimum of three years teaching/research/clinical experience. -
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: NCCPA certified Physician Assistant or
Board certified allopathic or osteopathic physician Texas PA
license (or eligible) or MD / DO licensed or eligible for licensure
in Texas Immunizations -- based on the CDC Recommended
Immunizations for Health-Care Personnel (HCP), all HCPs must submit
documentation of immunization to Hepatitis B (series of three doses
with anti-HBs serologic testing 1-2 months after dose #3), proof of
immunity to Hepatitis B, or a signed declination; Measles, Mumps,
Rubella (MMR); Varicella (chickenpox); and Tetanus, diphtheria,
pertussis (booster every 10 years). - - -Highly recommended
-immunizations for the HCP include Influenza (yearly), Hepatitis A,
and Pneumonia. - For some individuals, a titer test will be
indicated vs. vaccinations. - Titer tests showing immunity to
listed pathogens are acceptable. - Titer tests showing a negative
response require appropriate immunizations and follow-up titers
must be completed and submitted. - If one or more of the listed
immunizations are contraindicated, documentation must be submitted
clearly identifying the reason(s). - Clinical laboratory reports
with facility stamp and medical doctor's signature are required.
Tuberculosis Clearance -- the CDC Guidelines for Preventing the
Transmission of -Mycobacterium tuberculosis -in Health-Care
Settings are intended to protect the HCP and patients. - The TB
screening program consists of two major components: - (1) baseline
single test for -M. tuberculosis -infection and (2) serial
testing/screening for -M. tuberculosis -infection. - The HCP must
have a baseline single test followed by serial skin testing every 6
months. - If the HCP has a baseline positive result or has
previously had a positive result, a chest radiograph must be
completed to exclude a diagnosis of TB disease. - Thereafter, every
6 months the HCP must receive a symptom screen. - Documentation of
positive skin test and negative chest x-ray must be submitted. -
#LI-DL1 #HEJABOUT USFor over 100 years, West Coast University has
been educating and preparing students for professional careers
across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas,
Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach
to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future
healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are
Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric
learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver
transformational education within a culture of integrity and
personal accountability. Our benefited faculty and associates are
offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentWest Coast University is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to
work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: WCU
Keywords: West Coast University, Flower Mound , Physician Assistant Faculty, Healthcare , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!