Company: DFW Oral Surgery
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are an elite oral surgery practice that is
committed to exceptional care for our patients and first-class
service to our referring doctors. We are looking for a fun,
hardworking, compassionate, team player to help us grow the
practice and continue to serve our community with all of their oral
surgery needs. Previous oral surgery experience is a plus but not
required. The role of the Surgical Assistant is critical in
providing exceptional patient care resulting in the best clinical
outcomes and meeting the needs of our patients. Role and
ResponsibilitiesThe Surgical Assistant will help surgeons during
surgery by performing duties such as tissue retraction, intravenous
lines, and completing documentation.
- Performs preoperative and postoperative duties to facilitate
- Verifies the identity of patients and operative sites.
- Discusses with surgeon the nature of the surgical procedure
including operative consent and methods of operative exposure.
- Monitors and maintains aseptic technique throughout
- Maintains an unobstructed operative field using surgical
retractors, sponges, and suctioning and irrigating equipment.
- Determines availability of necessary equipment and supplies for
- Obtains and inspects sterile and non-sterile surgical
equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Operates sterilization devices.
- Monitors patient intraoperative status.
- Obtains dental radiographs and dental imaging.
- Completes patient clinical narratives.
- Other related duties as assigned.Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS certification required or the ability to complete within 1
month of hire.
- At Least one year of related experience preferred.
- DAANCE certification preferred.
- Licensed dental assistant preferred.
- Radiology certification preferred.Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
- Good Judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for keeping people safe.
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Superior listening skills with the ability to quickly
comprehend instructions in emergency situations.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.CORE BENEFITS &
WELLNESSMedical (including Virtual Care), Dental, and Vision
CoverageEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Uniforms/Scrubs
providedFINANCIAL WELL-BEINGCompetitive pay, Bonus potential, and
annual merit reviews401(k) Plan w/Company MatchHealth Savings
Account (HSA) with HDHP health plansLIFE INSURANCEBasic and
Supplemental Life InsuranceSpouse and Child Life InsuranceTIME OFF,
DISABILITY AND LEAVE OF ABSENCEPaid Vacation (Starting at 2 weeks)
and 6 Annual Paid HolidaysEmployer Sponsored Short Term
DisabilityLong Term Disability Plan
Keywords: DFW Oral Surgery, Flower Mound , Surgical Assistant, Healthcare , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!