Medical Assistant / Orthopedic Technologist
Company: Orthopedic Associates of Flower Mound, PLLC
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a Medical Assistant to join
our team! As a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for
rooming patients and taking histories, assisting physician with
minor procedures, applying casts, splints, phone triage, scheduling
surgeries, and other related duties as assigned. DUTIES AND
- Assist Physician in clinic with minor procedures.
- Perform all back office duties, including rooming and taking
patient histories. Applying and removing dressings, sutures, and
- Applying cast, splints and DME.
- Preparing patients for surgery and post-operative care.
- Ordering test, DME and Injections.
- Scheduling surgeries.
- Charting and phone triage.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient's information.
- Maintain work area and exam rooms.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct.
- Adhere to OSHA Standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Prior Orthopedic experience or training is helpful but not
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one
to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses, and registrations required: CMA, CCMA,
NCRMA, ROT, OTC
- Computer skills required: Basic computer knowledge and EMR
- Other skills helpful but not required: casting, splinting and
brace knowledge. COMPETENCIES:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Patient Service - Manages difficult or emotional patient
situations; Responds promptly to patient needs. Responds to
requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic
- Frequently exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 50
pounds / frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. The above is
intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical
requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. .
Keywords: Orthopedic Associates of Flower Mound, PLLC, Flower Mound , Medical Assistant / Orthopedic Technologist, Healthcare , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!