Company: DFW Oral Surgery
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: August 4, 2022
We are an elite oral surgery practice that is committed to
exceptional care for our patients and first-class service to our
referring doctors. We are looking for a fun, hardworking,
compassionate, team player to help us grow the practice and
continue to serve our community with all of their oral surgery
needs. Previous oral surgery experience is a plus but not required.
The role of the Surgical Assistant is critical in providing
exceptional patient care resulting in the best clinical outcomes
and meeting the needs of our patients. Role and Responsibilities
The Surgical Assistant will help surgeons during surgery by
performing duties such as tissue retraction, intravenous lines, and
- Performs preoperative and postoperative duties to facilitate
- Verifies the identity of patients and operative sites.
- Discusses with surgeon the nature of the surgical procedure
including operative consent and methods of operative exposure.
- Monitors and maintains aseptic technique throughout
- Maintains an unobstructed operative field using surgical
retractors, sponges, and suctioning and irrigating equipment.
- Determines availability of necessary equipment and supplies for
- Obtains and inspects sterile and non-sterile surgical
equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Operates sterilization devices.
- Monitors patient intraoperative status.
- Obtains dental radiographs and dental imaging.
- Completes patient clinical narratives.
- Other related duties as assigned. Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS certification required or the ability to complete within 1
month of hire.
- At Least one year of related experience preferred.
- DAANCE certification preferred.
- Licensed dental assistant preferred.
- Radiology certification preferred. Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
- Good Judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for keeping people safe.
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Superior listening skills with the ability to quickly
comprehend instructions in emergency situations.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology. CORE BENEFITS &
WELLNESS Medical (including Virtual Care), Dental, and Vision
Coverage Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Uniforms/Scrubs provided
FINANCIAL WELL-BEING Competitive pay, Bonus potential, and annual
merit reviews 401(k) Plan w/Company Match Health Savings Account
(HSA) with HDHP health plans LIFE INSURANCE Basic and Supplemental
Life Insurance Spouse and Child Life Insurance TIME OFF, DISABILITY
AND LEAVE OF ABSENCE Paid Vacation (Starting at 2 weeks) and 6
Annual Paid Holidays Employer Sponsored Short Term Disability Long
Term Disability Plan PI185615321
Keywords: DFW Oral Surgery, Flower Mound , Surgical Assistant, Healthcare , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!