Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 17, 2022
$1,000.00 Sign On Bonus! Introduction Do you want to join an
organization that invests in you as a(an) Surgery Scheduler? At Las
Colinas Surgery Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has
committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible
team members over the course of three years. Benefits At Las
Colinas Surgery Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We
offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including: * Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
* 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
* Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
* Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps,
Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
* Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
* Adoption Assistance
* Legal Benefits and lots more! Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Surgery Scheduler like you to be a
part of our team. Job Summary and Qualifications Seeking a Surgery
Scheduler for our practice who provides clerical expertise to
ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an
amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking
a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now. What you will do in
this role: * Obtains CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other
clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from
practice staff; seeks assistance from practice and Facility Coders
as determined through practice and facility processes.
* Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare
Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and follows
practice procedures to maintain this documentation.
* Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with
Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is
streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as
determined through Facility processes. Ensures all requirements for
the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the Facility or
other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed
* Ensures scheduling packets are correct and timely.
* Obtain patient face sheets from Insurance Verification to obtain
necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
* Obtains authorization notes from Facility and scans into medical
record or practice management system.
* Collects necessary and appropriate physician and practice fees
associated with the procedure.
* Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center or
Facility before scheduling the patient.
* Ensures efficient coordination of provider clinic and Facility
schedule which could include awareness of provider's schedule and
coordination of provider time-out, travel, meetings, conferences
and continuing medical education.
* Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Practice Manager or
designee as they arise.
* Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
* Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as
* Performs other general duties as assigned.
* Maintain surgery logs or other required practice or case tracking
* Supports and adheres to all company and practice policies and
* Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and
Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
* Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which
specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including
compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality
improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk
* Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change
practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances
teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies What
Qualifications you will need: . MA certification required * High
school degree preferred
* Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly
preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors
office) preferred. BLS may be required as per practice standard
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment,
practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist
integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than
1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA
Healthcare's graduate medical education leader. We provide
direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship
programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These
solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We
support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of
human life. HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000
dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Surgery Scheduler opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring! We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status. Apply
Keywords: HCA, Flower Mound , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!