USPB CBORC Risk Identification - KOR/KI Program - Operational Risk - VP - Hybrid
Location: Flower Mound
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The Operational Risk Officer is part of the USPB (US Personal
Banking) CBORC (Consumer Business Operational Risk & Control) Risk
Identification & Governance Team. The position is responsible for
managing a portfolio of risk programs by Level 1 Risk/Key
Operational Risk as well as day to day KOR and Key Indicator
activities supporting USPB. This role is part of the larger team
managing the business risk profile - Risk identification,
management and mitigation. Excellent partnership and communication
skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior
level. This role will support the compliance to Citi's internal
policies, processes and controls and compliance to external
regulation while proactively evaluating the existing control
environment for enhancement opportunities.Responsibilities:
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess' risks and drive actions to address the
root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for Key Operational Risks
across the USPB organization.
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/MORs/performance management
tools/other Risk Factor related data in an attempt to identify Key
Operational Risk Drivers(risk/financial/regulatory).
- Serves as subject matter expert and driver for the development
of Key Indicators.
- Analyze disparate risk data to make inferences and present a
story to sr. management. Stay curious and have a critical eye for
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the Global Consumer
Bank (GCB) and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver
effective Key Operational Risk management solutions by responding
to changes in the internal and external business environment.
- Drives initiatives and changes related to KORs within the USPB
- Partners with (USPB) businesses to ensure KOR programs
- 6-10 years experience navigating and networking across an
enterprise in an Operational Risk Management or Compliance Risk
Management role utilizing internal and external resources.
- Business writing experience preferred.
- In depth knowledge of ORM Policy and MCA (Managers Control
Assessment) program. processes and technology platforms supporting
the MCA program.
- Strong understanding of Issue Management practices.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote skills.
- Risk and control experience in consumer banking preferred.
- Experience leading risk forums encompassing stakeholders from
all lines of defense will be an added advantage.
- Applicant should have strong analytical skills and ability to
develop ad hoc proposals and recommendations in an executive level
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred-Job
Family Group:Risk Management-Job Family:Operational Risk-Time
Type:Full time-Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration without
regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran.Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi")
invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career
opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a
reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a
career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.View the "EEO is
the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.View the EEO
Policy Statement.View the Pay Transparency Posting-Effective
November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for
positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and
provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of
Keywords: Citi, Flower Mound , USPB CBORC Risk Identification - KOR/KI Program - Operational Risk - VP - Hybrid, Executive , Flower Mound, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!